Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Yes...I'm still here....

Not much going on...but thought I had better put something up as it has almost been a week since I last posted. Wednesday today....I have only one class and that is in the morning. Even though I have other days where there are 4 and sometimes 5 classes, Wednesdays it seems I am the most tired....it's a "good" kind of tired, but still 'tired' nontheless.
My class in the morning is...well...a bit on the crazy side! (imagine that?!) There are 24 students and they are all so excited to get together, learn English, and have a fun time, but, it really does sometimes wear me out (in a wonderfully good way!!)! I love them and look forward to their class every week.

There are the "hens"...the group that sits in the back and talks....and talks....
There are the ones that, like today, made it seem, in a good way, like class of elementary school students...questions (so many questions some days!! love that!!), comments, talking....HellLLLlloooOOo....I really did plan something for today!!!

Almost every week, someone brings omiyage ("souvenirs", or sweets from some place they have traveled)...sometimes someone just goes shopping and buys cookies for us to eat....we have to have our morning snack!! :-D
And there is always laughter...lots and lots of laughter!!

The name of the class is "Sunshine" by the way....thought that was a great name for such a genki ("energetic") group!!

So now...I am going to put down the futons, turn on the heater for a bit and maybe read before I go to sleep...tomorrow is another day, she said raising her fist to the sky. (Move over Scarlet...!!)

Good night...oyasumi nasai....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...I was just checking out your blog....good job.
I don't know how you can find the time to keep it up.
Anyhow, I sent you an email..looking for hints for the boys for Christmas.
Talk to you later,
Shawn

Anonymous said...

You saw him in the flesh! I didn't even know he was coming....excuse me while I sob into my empty wine glass. Just as well we're such good friends! Who am I? Bewildered mother of a 14 year old - talk to you tomorrow I hope. Oh, and where are we going for Xmas? Britain...hello, remember before the Margarita mix?! Love yaxxxx