Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

So....here it is...yet another Thanksgiving that has come and gone...and me NOT feeling too stuffed to go to bed! (I had caramel popcorn and a beer at the movie!!)Actually, today was a holiday here also...not sure actually which one...maybe something like "labor day"...that is what I could gather from the explanations I got!!
As I sometimes do...I start thinking about food...the turkey, dressing (a little sticky, please!), the cranberry sauce, candied yams, and oh! the desserts!! Yes...the feeling of being homesick hits kind of hard.
No, no no...this is not a "pity party" invitation...But...I do want to say
that even though I am far away, I still think about oh so many of you and am thankful everyday for your love, friendship and support.
I hope that you all had a wonderful day.
**Oh...and please go and eat a turkey sandwich (warmed up with cheese and Miracle Whip) for me, will ya?!?!?!
Thanks!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
Just a note to say we were thinking of you as well. Being thankful for family and friends no matter where they are. Dave and I went to Springfiled and had our dinner with Mom and Dad. All the boys were in Denver, so i to can semi-relate to the being alone. But all was good and I think I ate my share and yours of turkey. Have a great day...Luv Ya Shellie