Tuesday, April 05, 2011

aaaaaahhh.....it's spring......

finally.
it feels like we've been waiting for so long for her.
we hope she stays for awhile...because we really, really like spring.
we have for as long as we can remember....and before that.
sunday, the k-man, little k-boy and i took a drive.
(teenage k-boy had better things to do...or at least that is what he mumbled as he and his 'crew'
shuffled out of the house.)

it is cherry blossom season in southern japan.
it's the season for hanami...or 'cherry blossom viewing'.  this is the time of year where many people gather under the cherry trees, have picnics with friends, family or co-workers...and celebrate the warmer weather...they celebrate life.  it's wonderful.
our mission on sunday......to do some hanami-ing.
we found, not only some absolutely beautiful cherry blossoms, but also tulips...and other flowers we are not really sure by what name to call them.
 it was a great day.

spring.
it makes me feel so.....alive.
and this year....i have the desire for something.
not sure what that something is, but....something.

we may start with a haircut.
i haven't had a cut since the k-man got out his clippers a couple of months ago.
 
(not exactly redford and streep, but,....)

i usually take a picture in to my hairdresser whenever i want a change or if i have something in
particular in mind..
i have an idea (have had it for awhile) and i'd like your help.
which picture (of the hairstyle i want) do you think would cause the least amount of laughter in the salon....
 a picture of
a japanese, tranny, make-up artist, entertainer?

or.....
a karaoke-singing, cross-dressing minion?
oh, wow.
so....if i do get this hairstyle...
will i look like a tranny?
or...
a minion?
(i do have a pretty pink dress!!)
hahahaha!!

happy spring everyone....how are YOU feeling???

7 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm with you. I LOVE spring.

smalltownme said...

The minion's awfully cute!

Janet said...

LMAO! I vote for the tranny :-) And I think your hair will look amazing!!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is a pretty hawt tranny. I would take that hair!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Of the 3 times I went to Japan, 2 of them were scheduled specifically to see the hanami, specifically in Kyoto, specifically the Philosopher's Path. And both times it POURED all day ;-) I got some gorgeous pics, though. Oh and did I mention that when I came back home, my hay fever went on overtime for a whole flippin' YEAR?!?! LOLOL!

Ms. Lea said...

I Love, Love, Love Spring.....

Susan said...

I love this picture of you!