Thursday, January 24, 2008

A winding down, of sorts....It's almost Friday and I'm tired...

This afternoon, as I was reading through cleaning out some books, I came across a book of poems that my mom sent to me a few years ago. The book, "The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" is actually one of my favorites.....and I had sort of forgotten about it for a while.
The poems were chosen by Caroline Kennedy and were some of her mother's most favorite. In this book, is one of my favorites....and one that, if I had to pick one poem to represent me...I think this would be it.




First Fig
by Edna St. Vincent Millay

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!


















2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I am tired too. I need two cups of coffee today.

Lauren said...

Speaking of Caroline Kennedy... She just endorsed... O B A M A!!!!! Today!