Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday's Feast....It's Fabulous Dah-lings!!!

Appetizer
How many times per day do you usually laugh?

Oh...puh-lease!!! Why don't you just ask something easy, like "How many grains of sand are in a cup of sand?" How many times do I laugh in a day??? How about.....INFINITY?!?! :-d
I. love. to. laugh. My whole theory of life is that if you can't see the humor in something, then it is time for a change!! Or if something is not longer fun...get out!!
In my classes....I teach mainly oldER people....average age, somewhere around 58-or so. Many of them are there to learn the language, others are there to get out and to "exercise" their brains (as one lovely 70-year-old woman told me!!)....but all of them are in my class because it's fun!! (or at least that's why I hope!!) We laugh...and we laugh a lot!!
How many times a day do I laugh?!?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHA!

Soup
What do your sunglasses look like?

Let's see.....I have about 3 pair that I have "strategically" placed so I can always find them....one pair is a RayBan wannabes...you know...like the"Blues Brothers" ("We're on a mission from God.") type of glasses. Another pair is just a cheapy pair of "whatever" glasses. But...my favorite pair are my Sweet Potato Queens "Queenly shades" (with 25 rhinestones on EACH side, thank YOU very much!!). I love 'em!! When I wear them, I positively feel empowered!!


Salad

You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?

I would love to go to Hokkaido. I would get on the Shinkansen ("Bullet Train") and go to the northern-most island in Japan. I have never been there, but always love hearing about it. In the summer, it is probably the coolest place in Japan to be...and in the winter, definitely the coldest. I would love to see the annual "snow festival"....the pictures are incredible!! Plus, I could buy my most favorite Japanese sweet from there....butter cookie sandwiches with a raisin butter cream in the middle.....mmmmmmmmmmm!


Main Course
Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.

I live there. (No...no..no...just kidding....!!!) :-D

Nagasaki City has about 350,000 people....but still, the feeling is very "country". The people, generally, are kind and caring and willing to help you out if you need it....even if you are a gaijin ("foreigner"). I am from a very small town in Colorado...and I am very comfortable here.....but as with every small town, it does have it's drawbacks...being too small...but still....it's home. For now.


Dessert
If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?

(Where DO they get these questions?!?!)
Another color, huh??? hmmmmmmmm....maybe a pale yellow....something that would always look kind of bright, even when it wasn't.
That's a question I can honestly say that I have NEVER thought about before!!!
:-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting ???. I laugh alot, my theory is laugh makes life much sweeter. Sunglasses, don't have them, wear reg. glasses, where I live, believe me I moved from 1 small town to an even smaller one...gotta laugh there. Sky color...I would go LIMEGREEN...bright and cheery. A trip I would love to take if the train would get me ther. To see you in Japan, Austin loved it and has so many stories just like you. Luv Ya All , Shellie

Mrs. G. said...

I laugh a lot too. I'm convinced it will make you live longer.