Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Warning!!! Please read the following carefully....

Due to the highly sensitive and humorously volatile subject matter of the following post, the author requests that readers refrain from drinking any beverages (at least the first time through) as...and she is speaking from experience here...there is a possibility of spewing said beverage.
Thank you very much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The K-man and I have had some very interesting dinner conversations over the past 14 years and tonight's was no exception...oh...except for the fact that it made tea come out of my nose...possibly a first for a dinner time topic. Seriously...I've been chuckling about this all night!!



It only got worse when he sent me an e-mail message with the advertisement he found on the Internet proving what he had told me was the truth. It seems that this particular product was introduced on television the other night and it has gotten to be quite a popular item here in Japan....so popular, in fact, that the little guy and his wife who designed and made these lovelies said that the items are now back ordered and you might have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.




What on earth, you might be asking yourself, could this possibly be???


Dear Readers......


I now present to you....


The Man Bra.

Yes, my friends...it seems that men who suffer from "man boobs" are actually asking for support. And they are going to get that support...in white, pink and black!!

A Christmas present, perhaps, for the tranny in our lives.

You can also go here to see more....even though you probably won't be able to read what it says, you don't really need that particular ability...just look at the pictures...scroll down and you can see the "good points" of these bras. (Actually...I think I have one that is strikingly similar..... yet in a slightly larger size....to the pink one!!)

When the K-man first mentioned this to me...after I cleaned up the tea "spill"...I imagined something more in the lines of a sports bra...a jogging bra, mind you...to hold everything in a bit tighter. These? A bit too....shall we say..."girly", me thinks.

Personally....I can't imagine buying this for any man in my life. Yes, I know that "man boobs" are something that can happen and do to the chosen few. But, to actually purchase a bra for any one of those men (brothers, dad, uncles, good friends)...other than those who I think would actually like this and might already have one or three (you know who you are!!), I'm going to have to say....no...sorry...huh-uh...unless of course it was meant as a joke.

Okay...so readers....Man Bras. Discuss.



**Translation of ad by the K-man (who, by the way, does NOT need this item!!) and Debbie.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
Just went thru my Christmas list to see if I needed to purchase a Man Bra fro anyone...not here. I can't believe it. Never know what people will buy. Have a great day.
Shellie

smalltownme said...

That's just wrong in so many ways! Did you ever see that Seinfeld episode where Kramer makes one for George's father?

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Yea. Um. wow! No one on my list I could buy that for... perhaps the white elephant gift? That is too too funny, I think I'm going to have to have J read this post. He and his buds will laugh!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm sitting here procrastinating....not doing my real work when I decided to look at your blog...
The dude they have on the package for the man boobs bra...uh yeah..doesn't need it..
Who knew men wanted silky smooth or possibly leather like underwear? Well, I guess we really know some men do...don't we?
Shawn

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

One word: Underwire?

shrink on the couch said...

I assume the man boobs idea is reaching and that they are really for men with transvestism.

And yeah, I thought of that Seinfeld episode too.

Helena said...

Oh my God, are you serious??!! And in pink as well! I would have thought a man with man boobs would want to tape them with duct tape rather than putting them in a silky pink girlie bra.

I'm thinking that this is an excuse for men with a fetish to wear women's lingerie.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm actually speechless. (laughing, but speechless)

The Girl Next Door said...

thanks for the warning - glad I put my diet coke down! SNORT

Karen MEG said...

I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone came up with one... it is weird in pink though.

Interesting conversation for sure LOL!

Grandy said...

HA!! I'm holding out for the leopard print for the hubby. ;)

Moxy Jane said...

Too funny! But did you see those horrible awful OVER THE SHOULDER thong things??? Oh, my eyes!!

Funny how the ads don't show anyone actually WEARING the bras.