Sunday, December 07, 2008

Aaah...Procrastination. Thy name is Debbie.

Things I should have done yesterday, and yet...here I sit...in front of the computer.....
1. Send a "Get Well Soon" message to our friend, Karen. She had stomach surgery and will be out of commission for a few weeks. She's actually my Mom's good friend, but I love her, too.
HEY....she reads my blog so, you know "two birds, one stone" thing here...
Hope you're feeling better soon, Karen!!
2. Make candles (Oh yes, I do!) for special door prizes for party on Friday. Yeah...this one has to be done today!!
(These are some candles I made a few years ago and sold at a flea market!!!)


3. Dig out the Christmas decorations (from various closets all over the house!) and "get that tree up!!" (Actual quote from youngest son!!)


4. Get the stuff for the "goody bags" (for Friday's party) out of the box and packaging they came in and get the bags put together...also, get "thank you" note typed, printed and also put in the bags.

5. Straighten up the "Oh...don't open that door and if you really have to, open it ver-r-r-r-rrry carefully" cabinet in the kitchen.


6. Dig out the boys' winter clothes and actually put them away instead of just digging them out every morning to find something warm to wear. Actually...Issei and his friends are in some "how long can you wear shorts and short-sleeved t-shirts to school without being a weenie and putting on a sweatshirt" type contest, so for him, I don't really have to hurry! (yeah...very thin line between roll-your-eyes crazy and tough.)



7. Do the Mt. Kuroiwa of laundry that has piled up over the past week.



8. Go to the "in box" of my e-mail and clean out the 417 messages that are just sitting there. (Will do that tonight when all is quiet and I can sit back here without being all "girl interrupted"!)


9. Move piles of clothes, books, and stuff around in my room to make it look like I actually did some cleaning...this would make the K-man oh so happy!


10. Go through the "clothes I might possibly never wear again but will take with me wherever I go" box and see if there is something I can wear for this damn party on Friday!!! (uh-huh...I may have to get a new box because I can now wear those clothes!!! Yeah!!!)


ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Must turn off computer....
Must get something done....
Must make more coffee, because it's going to be a long day!!
I wish you all a productive, non-procrastination type day!!











8 comments:

Gina said...

Now that's a busy day! I hope you are able to get it all done. When you have time you need to tell us about your candles.. I've always wanted to make some.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I know you'll get it done. You're a woman of many talents. I look at that pile of laundry and all I can think is "no dryer?!"

shrink on the couch said...

Oh I just hate the tupperware cabinet. Especially now that my son is emptying the dishwasher. Between he and my husband (and the cleaning lady) shoving plastic anywhich way but the orderly way, it is one of my most avoided spots in the kitchen.

smalltownme said...

3. Oh, don't remind me!

6. In 8th grade, Frank wore shorts the whole year.

7. That looks REALLY familiar.

just jamie said...

Aw man, you had to go and remind me of all the things *I* should be doing too!

(Best wishes with your tasks.)

Grandy said...

So come back and tell us how much you got done silly. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are busy, busy! I can't wait to hear all about the party!

3rdEyeMuse said...

oh yeah, I can SOOOO relate! Maybe we need to start our very own Procrastinators Annonymous!

that box of stuff for goody bags looks goodier than good!

oh, and since you are (were) procrastinating, perhaps this will make you feel better ... I haven't even started my Christmas to-do list, let alone any of the crafting or baking that goes along with it ... uh, can you say, "EEEK!" ?!?