Friday, December 26, 2008

she is cute and I'm going to call her Lola

If I were a pink flamingo hanging on someones tree or wall....THIS is what I think I would probably look like!!!

I'm mean, really....she's wearing a grass skirt, for crying out loud!!!

Her flip-flops are great...and she's carrying a bucket of fish...though, if it were me, I'd say "no" to the fish and "Come to mama!" to a bucket of Margaritas, or even some Coronas!!


I just got her on Christmas Day.....she's a feisty little thing...the story is that she just "jumped into the shopping cart" as my friend, Lori was doing some Christmas shopping. Aren't flamingos funny like that...and how talented, huh?

This little lovely certainly helped brighten up my day!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I wonder if Picasso's mom had days like this??
Picture if you will....a white wall.
And then....imagine a blue permanent magic marker.
Make it a BIG one, you know...for the reality factor.

Put that marker in the hand of a 6-year-old ....

and this is what you get:

Every time I come out of the boys' bedroom, I see this because Koji drew it right next to the door.....and it's not a small picture either. I'm going to say that the character itself is about 10-12 inches tall. A new mantra: "Picasso. Monet. Dali. Van Gogh. Koji."

Poor baby. When I first saw this lovely piece of artwork (and it is very cute!!), I couldn't really talk. No words were coming out of my mouth. Oh...I had words I wanted to say, but..they would have come out like this, " #^@&@*# &@#^@&#)@77#&#&!@@@@!!!" so I thought I'd better just say nothing.

The bad thing is.....this is NOT the first time this has happened!!! Oh, it's the first time you can actually tell what the character is or what was drawn...but, no...we've seen this movie before!! There are other "examples" of his artwork all over the house!!! This one though is by far the largest!!

And the kicker? Right in the middle of the room...on his table that he uses as his desk....was a PILE OF CLEAN WHITE PAPER!!!! aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!

He spent about an hour with a wet cloth and some cleaning stuff trying to get it clean. Can just you imagine how blue it was when he first did it?!?! ~~sigh~~The K-man has a running total of what we are going to have to replace if and when we ever move from here....we may have to take out a loan just to pay for "artwork"!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Friday. Christmas is over. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, all your leftovers and holiday company will be gone. I wish you some peace and quiet and some time to just relax.

Here, at Kamp Kuroiwa, we are starting in on the yearly "o souji"...or "big ass end of the year house cleaning" that the majority of people are doing. While most of us of the "foreign persuasion" opt for Spring Cleaning, Japanese like to enter the New Year with a clean house. Though I do my "BAEYHC" in April, I am going to get some things organized/put away/trashed in my room....and then maybe..just maybe.... I'll be able to see the whole floor!!

Have a great weekend!!!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

L-o-l-a Looooool-la!

Shes adorable.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Your header is too cute. As is your Lola.

Argh on your young graffiti artist.

I think I may be moved to do some cleaning today myself--the fridge for starters!

smalltownme said...

Or: Whatever Lola wants!

ms-teacher said...

The whole drawing on the wall thing? Well, Guitar Teen did that as well, but he chose to do his very best artwork at my parent's house, drawing his masterpiece all over the closet doors and a nearby wall with a black sharpie.

I was appalled. My parent's thought it was adorable.

The Girl Next Door said...

I'm coveting Lola. Want to start a new tree of just pink flamingos! and no patience for drawing on walls - so glad my kids never did that.

Mike Golch said...

The Flamingo is great.

jan in nagasaki said...

there are kids who do the whole art work on the wall thing.... then there are kids who poke holes in walls... in fact I have a kid who discovered that regular scissors cut nice slits in blinds.. and did you know that box cutters go right through the project and cut really nicely into tatami.... do you know what is inside those gel ice packs??? and don't take those kind of kids visiting some house with NO HOLES YET....you may have "art" damage to pay for.... we might have to rebuild this house....

merry christmas!!!

JO said...

I remember my father suggesting when the Cadet (now sixteen) was young to paint his walls with blackboard paint. I think that he was remembering ME as a youngster using the beeee-you-ti-ful white walls as a canvas. I declined (and the older one never did write on walls....)

I then again considered it with the King (now four)....but thought "why would I want to teach him to write on walls????? His brother never did - so I blissfully went on with my head in the sand. Yeah. The Picasso of the Military School was born. I think I have a grafitti artist on my hand. Oh...and if your paint can handle it (and you can find them) Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work wonders! (If your paint is a gloss - think sandpaper - these erasers will knock the gloss right off!!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she made it there safe and sound! I thought she was just perfect for you!