Thursday, December 11, 2008

As of today (Dec. 11) at 10:35 AM.....



Lost: my Christmas Spirit


Due to a variety of circumstances...some not of my control...the energy to do anything in the way of the holiday is gone....adios...sayonara..see ya later.








Usually, by this time of the month, I have the entrance way in our house decorated with my snowman collection (see...up there...at the top of my blog...that was just part of my collection from last year!)....the nativity scene is displayed and the trees are decorated and we are ready for the holiday.


This year? eh.

I am hoping that after the party tomorrow night (for which I really should be working on some things, but here I sit....I procrastinate so very well!!) I can work on getting some of my usual holiday genkiness ("excitement") back.

On Tuesday, I was feeling so blue that I bought myself some flowers....they helped brighten the mood a bit. Aren't they pretty??


And then this morning...after reading the comments from my last post and realizing that since we don't get certain TV program reruns 24/7 over here, I had completely forgotten about the Seinfeld episode with the "mansierre" (or the "bro", whichever) and was going to go to YouTube and see if I could find it when, lo and behold, my good friend Cheri actually left the link for it!! (Whatta Gal!!) If you have about 6 minutes to spare....or longer if you click on the other links they have for funny Seinfeld moments....go and watch. It made me laugh. Thanks Ladies for reminding me just how funny that show was...and for helping lift me out of "the blahs"!!


Here's something else that helped me today.....


I don't know who he is....but isn't he pretty??

(and I seriously doubt he'll be needing a "man bra" anytime soon!!)

~~sigh~~I think I'm going to put him as my screensaver!!

14 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

he really is pretty - thanks for the treat. :)

does it help if I mention that I haven't even begun to get ready for the holidays ... yep, it's true. not a card written, ornament made or even the lists that usually act as my holiday bible ... EEK!

smalltownme said...

I haven't gotten anything Christmassy done either...I keep saying maybe tomorrow!

Mrs. G. said...

Your snowman collection is wonderful! I buy myself fresh flowers all the time. A great perk me up for sure. Feel better.

ms-teacher said...

Here I thought I was the only one who felt all hum bug towards Christmas this year. If anything, I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully our Christmas mojo will come back soon. It better or my 12 year old is going to be one unhappy camper come Christmas morning!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue, and I hope you feel better soon! The hunky guy made me smile --especially because of circumstances out of my control! :-) Cheer up! I sent you good karma and prayers. Hugs! Deb

Gina said...

I'm sorry you are feeling blah Debbie. I am struggling too but I'm pretending really hard to deny it. It helps to have teenagers to foist the decorating off on. I haven't done anything.. I just ask the kids if they want to do it.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have done hardly anything to get ready, and I don't even have a huge party hanging over my head! Things will be easier when it's over.

Nancy said...

Well, well... there is my new b'friend on your page!

Yea, I'm doing my part y going green THAT way, lol

The other eye candy ... not so bad either =)

The Girl Next Door said...

Is it summer time? it sure is hot in here...

Karen MEG said...

We finally got the tree decorated last night. I'm just feeling stressed about all the shopping and the wrapping and getting the girl's birthday party together as well; we've still got to get the Christmas photo/card, and pic with Santa... gahhhh!!!!I've been feeling exactly the same way. Just, bleh.

It doesn't help that I've been stuffing my face full of all the preChristmas baking/ cookies etc, etc... ugh.

Grandy said...

Oh my gosh...bah humbugs all around. Now I'm beginning to worry.

Go get your festive game on tomorrow nite.

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Okay, right this minute? With the rain falling outside, and everyone in the house still sleeping? First time I've felt anything like a yearning for Christmas so far this season.

I want twinkle lights on somewhere in the house. And the smell of a real tree. And maybe a gingerbread cookie with my coffee ...

Time to heave myself out of this chair and go find Christmas. Merry, merry to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty is the understatement of the year! Pwooaahh!

stephanie said...

That dude could save all kinds of things besides screens, I'll tell you what.

Way to get your mojo back ;D