Friday, October 31, 2008

killing two topics with one pumpkin

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

We got a great pumpkin for our Jack o'Lantern this year...and the boys and I spent a few days going through pictures on Google and different sites for carving pumpkins (there are some pretty spectacularly creative people out there, my friends!! Man! The ideas they come up with!! Unbelievable!!!)

I finally found one that I thought would be perfect....not only for Halloween, but also, because the 31st just happened to fall on a Friday, for my Flamingo Friday, too.

Okay...so, I've had the men in this house snicker at some of my ideas before, but never...NEVER have I been scoffed at...until now!! It was just an idea for crying out loud...it's not like I was wanting to change something major in the celebration!!! Jeez Louise!!!
I found out this week that what we have here....are three men who think that a Jack o'Lantern should 1. have a face and 2. be kind of scary when the candles are lit. So much for my cool idea.

And what was my wacky idea anyway???


This.....is what I wanted to do:




So, what did we do? This...*yawn* is what we did:
(It's okay, but....personally...I think it looks like it had a lobotomy or something!!!) teehee


*You can guarandamntee there will be 2 pumpkins at the Kuroiwa's next year!!!



Issei in his very old sombrero and me with my "anti-angel" horns!! and after seeing those wrinkles on my forehead, I'm wishing those horns were anti-aging ones!!! grrrrrrrrr.

More messing around with that very cool photo site.....Me thinks the K-man could totally be a pirate!! My oh my!! Watch out Mr. Depp...there's a new pirate in town!!

My very own live kitchen witch!!! I'm still waiting for him to do some magic in cleaning that particular room up a bit....~~sigh~~


He was watching some dry ice in a bowl of water. Mwahahahahaha!!!


A blast from a Halloween past.....Issei's first Halloween. He was a baby dinosaur and Daddy got the brainy idea to mix green water color with some water and baby lotion....he was cute when we left for the party, but thanks to his major drooling and hugs from other kids and adults, this was what we were left with....and many people had green on their clothes!!


While I was going through the pictures, I also found these....if they don't make you smile, then I don't know what will!!!

My "jazz baby" (Issei) at an outdoor concert....please notice the flamingo motif of the blanket!!! I do love me some baby boys' boxer shorts....big boy ones aren't bad either!!!

Issei....13 months...getting ready for bath and not quite getting the sweater off his head!!! Yeah...we do like our babies "chunky style"!!!
You all have a great Halloween....be safe...have fun...I wish you a bag full of candy that will last until Christmas!! Oh.....and eat some candy corn for me, please!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween from all of us to all of you. Shellie

Grandy said...

Wait...I was just here a moment ago and missed this post.

::sigh:: two ships that passed...again. ;)

Happy Halloweenie!!!

Helena said...

Haha! Your pumpkin looks like a very scary one indeed! I'm afraid I'm taking sides with your boys. I think your flamingo idea is not scary enough for the occasion.. sorry. :-)

Anyway, those baby photos are goooorgeous! Aaahh, that belly and those chubby little thighs.. you just want to squeeze him a little. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

You totally need a flamingo pumpkin!

smalltownme said...

You've got my vote for a flamingo pumpkin!

Janet said...

oh, what sweet babies...and what a hot pirate!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ms. Lea said...

I Love the Flamingo Pumpkin!! The past Halloween pictures are adorable!! Have a Great One!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My personal philosophy is that everyone deserves their very own pumpkin to carve.

I'm going to send a photo of the one someone did at a party Social Butterfly went to last night. You'll be amazed!

Happy Halloween!

Very Mary said...

Oh my gosh - I love chunky style, too!

Gina said...

Great pictures! I had horns this year too! Oh.. and I definitely think you need a pumpkin of your own.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Thanks for your compliments about my marathon! I love your flamingo pumpkin! It looks great. Your boys are just too cute!

Pernicious Panda said...

So, does everyone in Japan celebrate Halloween, or did you bring your traditions with you? I always think of it as primarily an American holiday, but I hear it'c catching on all over the world...

Sojourner said...

Two topics with one pumpkin- I love it! Yes- I vote for the flamingo too- defitnitely get your own pumpkin next year.

Baby photos! I love 'em. Did you dress Mr.Chunky as a Sumo wrestler that year? Gawd they are cute babies!

Sojourner said...

PS- I had horns this year too- but mine lit up! Nanynanybooboo! ;)

3rdEyeMuse said...

love, love, love the pictures!