Sunday, October 05, 2008

The one where Debbie really couldn't think of a title

There are days when a title for a particular post will just reach out and grab me by the keyboard and I'm off and running. Today? Nope...sorry...huh-uh...nada...zilch...pppffflfllltttt!


Let's see....as the K-man has "the keys" to the camera~~meaning he took the camera and I'm not sure what he did with the pictures of the last couple of days~~I can't post the pictures from yesterday's undokai (sports festival) or the wedding party last night. I will try to get them tonight or tomorrow and will post pictures, so....you'll have to come back....please! :-D

I will tell you that the day was absolutely beautiful...nice breeze...warm sunshine...and a fun time was had at the undokai by all.

I was home by 2:00 and out the door again by about 3:45 for the wedding party. Had a decision of the fashion kind to make....and ended up going with a different pair of shoes...still heels, but a bit lower.

On the left...the ones I wanted to wear...on the right, the ones I decided on. I will wear those gold ones sometime, because they are just begging to be worn!!

I was originally going to wear a gold, sparkly type shawl with my dress but found a pink one that actually looked much better....the gold shoes and the pink just didn't work....so, "no white shoes after Labor Day" be damned, I wore a cream colored pair that, even though they weren't as high, still put me a bit above most a few people at the party.

Yes....this is pretty much how the evening looked.

The wedding party was almost 3 hours of good food, lots of wine and beer, long boring speeches, one case of nudity (during the candle-lighting part of the evening, if you can imagine!), and lots and lots of talking and laughter! There was then the traditional "2nd Party" that I chose to attend....this party is usually in another place and is for the closer friends of the couple...a few more glasses of wine and more talking and laughing and I was ready to call it a night. (The group continued on to a 3rd party--karaoke, but....I had to decline...it had been a really long day...and I needed to sleep!!) I was home and in bed and asleep by 11:00....and going to sleep that early hasn't happened in a very long time!

Today, I do believe that fall has arrived. The day is cool enough for a long sleeved shirt and I'm thinking about putting some long pants on because, I'm cold. The breeze coming through my window right now is downright chilly! Of course, the cloudiness and rain doesn't help...it's a good day to stay in, catch up on some reading and if I'm lucky, take a nap!

*******************************

That is exactly what has happened here at Kamp Kuroiwa....and with the rain and damp weather and the fact that I don't have a dryer...it looks like a washing machine has thrown up inside my house....clothes hanging all over the place!! Please, Dear God, let the sun shine later or tomorrow so all these clothes will dry before next Friday!!!

**************************************

Here's something kind of fun that happened....Do you remember last week when I told you about that web-site Mingoville for learning English that was a flamingo themed site??? Well, thanks to modern computer technology....they found me! Imagine my surprise when I opened up my e-mail on Tuesday and found a message from them!!! *"Hi, Vladimir!!!* My first thought was "Oh crap, I'm in trouble for doing something!!!" But.....

Long story short....I like them~~I introduced them on my blog, they like me~~they feature me and my blog on their blog!! If you have a few minutes, click on the link and check it out! I'm still a little bit....stunned about this...and believe me, that doesn't happen very often! It's a fun site and the students who have visited there also like it....and if someone is learning from it, then it's gotta be good, right?

So,now....I'm going to find some lunch for the young ones...and I do believe that the sofa is calling my name and wanting me to spend some quality time with it...Cold Case is on soon and I think it's an episode I haven't seen!!

Have a good weekend everyone....here's hoping you all get some 'sofa/TV time' of your own!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Love those gold heels!

I like how weddings there are an all day/night party.

Enjoy your date with the couch =)

smalltownme said...

The gold shoes are hawt...hope you get a change to wear them soon.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Very cool Internet connections.

Mrs. G. said...

I am sitting on the sofa as I read your blog. Nice shoes!

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Oh, Debbie, my Owen wants to learn Japanese so much. Is there a Japanese Mingoville? :) He's 14, and has a Japanese dictionary and a couple of software programs, but they don't hold his interest.

Any suggestons?

And, hey. That laundry pile? What's so funny about that?

just jamie said...

LOVE that flamingo/penguin pic. Too funny.

Been missing you Debbie. Hope all is well.

Gina said...

Great shoes! It sounds like you had a really good time.

Janet said...

I love Cold Case, but damn, it's always so sad!

The Girl Next Door said...

I have total shoe envy now. Sounds like a great time! Oh and I hated living abroad with no dryer - if you didn't' do laundry every. single. day. you were dead. Ugh. I feel your pain sistah!