Sunday, October 26, 2008

The one where Debbie was OFFICIALLY random..yeah-huh, she was

Enough of just being random for the heck of it....I was actually tagged for a random-type meme a while back...by two different people. ...I'm just now getting around to it..sorry it's taken me so long.

Here are the rules:
1) Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 more people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs 4) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs


So...for
Helena Writes... and 3rdEyeMuse....and anyone else interested...these are for you.


7 Things about Me:

1. I can whistle like a big dog! No...not that Singing In The Rain kind of whistling...I mean that "Hey You....yeah, You...5 blocks away...come over here!!!" kind of whistle!! When I was about 10 years old, I practiced so hard to be able to do that. I'm still jealous of my brother who can do it without using his fingers....I keep practicing!!! The first time the K-man heard me do that at a concert I'm not sure if he was more shocked or impressed...the look on his face was classic.

2. I walk really straight....as in my back is straight and my shoulders are back. When I was 12, my step-grandfather had me out in the driveway with books on my head walking around until I could do it without the books falling off. He made me so mad and at times I just cried, but I was not going to let him win...thanks to that and to his thinking that "walking like a defensive lineman just doesn't look right for a young lady", I now walk a lot prouder than I used to...and seeing young girls lumbering along (as they sometimes do) really bothers me. His idea of "be proud of who your are and others will take notice" has stuck with me all these years.

3. Hi. My name is Debbie and I read romance novels. Oh...I have all the bestselling novels (or have access to them) but...really...I have such little time to read...I want to be entertained......personally, I want to escape a lot of the time...and the more hot, steamy sex romance there is, the better!!

4. I don't have a microwave. Shocking, I know. The microwave in my oven bit the big one about 4 years ago and we just never got around to getting a new one. I have learned to adjust to life without a hot dish in 30 seconds...I do things the old fashioned way, like my grandma used to...and yes, I have a bamboo steamer! (but sadly, not the wind chimes...darn it!!) I can warm up 3 different kinds of foods at one time (if I need to) and really, IMHO, it tastes better than if I had stuck it in the microwave. There are times though, when I wish I had one...like when someone sent me the recipe for the in-the-microwave-too-easy-for-words-coffee-cup chocolate cake...but then again, my jeans probably wouldn't fit as well if I had had one!!


5. My new comfort food is Golden Oreos. Man oh man but those are scrumptious. NOT good to have around when PMS is on the horizon...because, they are/were soon gone. It's not a pretty story, so don't ask, okay? Thanks.

6. Boiled eggs make me gag. Ever since I was 3-years-old when I had an experience that is still very vivid in my mind (one that my mom swears is not exactly accurate and that she knows what really happened....whatever!!). Because of that traumatic experience, I didn't even eat scrambled eggs until I was 18. When it comes to boiled eggs, if I can see them (like in potato salad) I will just push them to the side. Deviled Eggs (an ever-popular item at get-togethers where I'm from) will guarantee that I will be somewhere else when the food is served until those disgusting things are gone. Oooh, just thinking about them now is making my gag reflex start to kick in.

7. I believe in angels and that whole idea that we have them watching over us. I have had a couple of experiences that, if you don't really believe in them, would make you think I was crazy. Shoot......I thought I was going crazy at the time. But, once I realized what it was...or more specifically who it was, I wasn't as freaked about it.


So...now...I know that I am supposed to tag 7 people, but...I also know that quite of few of the people I read have already done this one....soooooo....I'm going to take the weenie's way out and say...."Hey...why don't YOU do this? Yeah...I'm talking to YOU. Go ahead....it's pretty fun. And when you get done, let me know. Okay? Okay."

12 comments:

Janet said...

I'd like to hear more about the angels!

smalltownme said...

I wish I had #2 -- I have lousy posture.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My gag food is string cheese. It was probably just a coincidence with the string cheese and a stomach bug when I was 9, but I'm not taking any chances!

Michael said...

Ok, thank you for saying that about boiled eggs. I think they're absolutely disgusting, but everybody in my fam thinks I'm crazy.

Honestly, I hardly ever use my microwave either.

Minnesota Matron said...

No microwave!?

And I'm with smalltownmom about the posture.

Helena said...

You believe in angels??!! Me too! I even have my own angel website (you know that already, I know).

I wish I could whistle like that. I never learnt how to do it.

Mr Farty said...

Eggs? Seriously? I love eggs, anyway they're done. Even raw, in a blender with milk and a banana and some sugar. Yum.

And the angels thing? Yep, I'm with you there.

Toot toot!

stephanie said...

ROMANCE NOVELS? You have stimulated my gag reflex with that. ;)

I'm jealous of your 'big dog' whistling though. You could just do that in my ear whenever I tease about the novels...

Hula Girl at Heart said...

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing anything with that microwave chocolate cake in a mug recipe. It's just not very good....so I hear.

Susan said...

I didn't know about the egg thing! I love em. Also, I couldn't function without a microwave.

I think we must whistle the same, I get called on to use it alot to get peoples attention, but I have to use my fingers, too.

I need to send you an e-mail from Albany Self (Penny and Joe's daughter) about angels. I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

No microwave? I totally need one to melt butter just enough for toast.

3rdEyeMuse said...

this was sooooo worth the wait!

ps - I, too, have no microwave ... on purpose, even. :)