Monday, June 29, 2009

Fickle bitch...thy name is Pri.....ahem...thy name rhymes with Slicefine

Remember a couple posts ago, my question about rent-a-car companies, especially ones that said they would give you a great deal and you could name your own price?
**Thank you all so much, by the way, for your comments!!*
Remember....I had found one company that had said they could get me in a car in L.A. for about $22 a day?
When?
When?
WHEN will I ever learn that if I get too excited about something too soon, I am sure to be disappointed?
Obviously, this is not a lesson I will learn anytime soon.
Crap.


Long story short....yes, they accepted my bid of $22.
The companies they deal with, on the other hand, "did not accept" my offer.
But....I would be able to put in another offer.....but not for the next 24 hours.
So....I played their game for a few days....got my bid up to about $40.....and
still.....
not accepted....why don't you raise your offer a bit?

And then I got really.....

Okay. You wanna play this game.
You talkin' to me?
I'll play.
I spent a few more hours days trying to think of an alternative, whilst waiting to see if my last offer had been accepted....when....
suddenly....
An idea!!
(an energy-saving one even)
Doing a bit more figuring and plugging in dates and times and what-not, I realized that it is waaaaay more expensive to rent a car from LAX than it is a few miles away.
**And for those of you who knew this and think I'm kind of silly for NOT knowing it, please keep in mind that I don't live there...my judgement on many things is pretty cloudy.**
Some more figuring....and I also realized that I could get a car from a reputable company about a 20 minute walk from our hotel (right across from The Mouse, man!!) for about $33 a day.
Add to that, the cost it will be for the four of us to get into one of these babies....
...from the airport to the hotel (and back about a week later!) and I'm still saving more than $150...from what that other place could give me!!!!
"More than 40% off the regular price"....my big, white fanny!



I wonder if I'd be pressing my luck to think that we'd get a car like this?




So...today...I wish you something that makes you feel...empowered....like you can go anywhere, kick butt, take names, and still have time to go and get a pedicure!


And....okay...so....if you've got some time and you wanna know a little bit more about me...I wanted to try my hand at writing something other than blog posts and ended up spilling my guts all over the place over at The Colony....a place I obviously feel very comfortable doing both.


9 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, I'm impressed by you tenacious-ness. Have a great trip.

smalltownme said...

Good for you!

Now a pedicure sounds like a great idea.

shrink on the couch said...

You've found your calling.

So can I call you to help plan my next family vacation?

Busy Bee Suz said...

So happy you found that light bulb!!! Congrats on getting a deal and getting it DONE!

T. said...

Are you in town? Are You? Hey, some of the Bitches want to get together with you!

3rdEyeMuse said...

three cheers ... and a question

... did you happen to check to see if the hotel offers airport shuttle service? maybe this was an obvious one and the answer is you checked and they don't, but ... just in case.

:)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Frustrating . . . but you won in the end!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Congratulations! I love working the system and getting a good deal. Enjoy the trip!!

Pissedoffteacher said...

Or, you can drop the family and then take the shuttle yourself and save $$$.

Maybe you can return the car to the airport for a slight fee which might be less than the shuttle for four?