Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tired Tuesday.....

**********

The breeze coming through my window right now is cool....it has been raining for a little bit and the thunder is rumbling around in the night sky. I do so love this kind of weather. I'd love to get a book and sit next to the open window and read for a bit, but....'tis not in the plans for tonight.



I have lesson plans to write...messages to travel agents to send (I have 3 of them working on finding us THE best tickets for the summer!!!)....and this post to finish. Mondays and Tuesdays, in a good week, will kick my butt to the curb, but....this week we are just a bit more knackered than usual.




On Sunday, the boys' school had their annual undokai (sports day). Here in Japan, we take our undokais very seriously. I was up at the butt-crack of dawn getting our bento made for lunch....then breakfast for the boys and sent them on their way. I did get everything finished, bags packed, all 5 thermoses filled with tea, the picnic sheet cleaned and folded and the K-man and I were there before the first event.




There were races...tug-o-war...games that I'm still not really sure what exactly was going on...dancing...gymnastics and pyramid building...more smiles and laughter than you would ever be able to count...and so much fun. The day was cloudy and cool, then sunny and warm off and on all day long. I got a bit of a sunburn, but not too terribly bad. The whole family had a great day!!




But, on Monday, while the boys had a day off from school (a substitute holiday since the undokai was on a Sunday!), I had to get up and "seize the day" bright and early. By my last class, which started at 4:00, my wagon was a'draggin' something terrible! Today was a little better...tomorrow will be even more so. Yes, I'm tired, but....it's a good tired.


This year's undokai was extra special because it was Issei's last one as an elementary school student and Koji's first. This one will be the only one they have together. It was a good day.



I do hope that your Memorial Day weekend was a good one.

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Love love the photos from Sports Day! What an impressive event!

Glad they get to spend one year together.

Smootches...

And that photo of Issei kills me!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the pictures from the sports day..and of course, who can resist a sleeping baby?!?!?!?

You have been a busy bee...but it sounds like "good" busy...getting things DONE. Better than busy in circles chasing your tail. (like I feel some days!)
Take care,
Suz

Janet said...

It was very nice, thank you :-)

smalltownme said...

I love his sweet baby hand in the first picture!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Ah! I remember my undokai when I was at Kano High School! The memories. Your boys look so cute, and I'm sure they enjoyed their day. We spent the weekend at the beach!

musingwoman said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!

And your first paragraph makes me want to sit by an open window with a good book.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I so feel your happy tired ... me, too. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It seems like you just have one special occasion after another over there--no wonder you're tired!

We had a very social weekend--and I'm still not fully recovered from my "sick" so I hear you on the dragging wagon!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Love the pics! Everybody looks like they're having so much fun. And how cute is your baby when he was a baby!

Yarni Gras! said...

what a wonderful day for everyone. Those photos are wonderful.....love those smiles!

Grandy said...

I am loving your pics woman!! I should post a Tired Day that Ends in Y Post. :)

Ms. Lea said...

What a Fun day and how Special for the boys to share it together!!