Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Pledge....

I pledge


to do what I can

to help change the negative image that we Americans have
with people from other countries around the world.

Knowing that I am hated just because of where I was born or that my children are disliked or bullied just because their mommy is an American makes me incredibly sad.


(And if you think this doesn't happen....think again.)




I pledge


to become 'greener' and encourage those around me to do the same so future generations will have a beautiful and safe place to live.




I pledge


to not be in such a hurry~~slow down and save gas~~ everyday, to take my time and spend more time with those who mean the most to me~~my family and my friends.




I pledge



to make Random Acts of Kindness part of my daily routine. It just takes one to make someone smile...and that makes me smile.


10 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I never thought about your children being a victim of prejudice because you're American. Wow.

I pledge to let go-to quit trying to control things that are out of my control or not mine to control.

3rdEyeMuse said...

here, here! awesome pledges & I'll second that (them)! :)

smalltownme said...

Excellent pledge!

shrink on the couch said...

I second your nomination as honorary ambassador! No doubt you have been doing a fine job all along : )

Sorry about your kids getting bullied. In their honor, I'll kick a recent Texas returnee's a$$ the next time I see him : )

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I could/should pledge practically the same list.

That is definitely too bad about your kids. I remember being shocked when I first witnessed the animosity between some Japanese and Koreans.

Gina said...

What fantastic pledges! I need to think about mine for a bit. I'll post tomorrow.

Nancy said...

What a great post! Thank you for sharing with us. What a great day it has been, such a feeling of hope and optimism. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Janet said...

I totally understand your first pledge. And I've pledged to become "greener"; just today I fished out some cardboard wrapping from a trash barrel and put it in the recycle barrel here at work :-)

Cruise Mom said...

Just dropped by for the first time - love your pledge!

Moxy Jane said...

I pledge to give up that voice in my head that criticizes and doubts. I pledge to hug more and yell less. I pledge to believe in the good and forgive the bad.

I pledge to cook more dinners and take more walks and read more books.

And yeah, that control thing...working on that, too;-)

Love you Debbie!! Thanks for being such a beautiful inspiration to so many!

Moxy Jane
Austin, TX