Thursday, October 25, 2007

The mad "cake baker" strikes again.....


Some friends had a baby shower for our friends Beth and Vitor who are expecting their third baby very soon. They have 2 little girls and this one is a boy!!!
I was asked by the hostesses to make a cake for the day and here is one of the ones I took.
I'm still getting the hang of this....one of the ladies gave me some of those tubes of frosting you can buy in the States to use in decorating....yes, they may be incredibly convenient, but...I prefer to use my own frosting and do it myself....hard to control a tube of stuff.
That said....I think that it turned out pretty good...plus it was delicious!! This one was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting....can't go wrong with that combination!!!
(and the cake is a baby's "onesie", for anyone who can't see what it is!!!)
*The other cake's photo I need to find...it was, shall we say...interesting. The hostesses requested something and I just did what they asked. Let's just say, for those of you who are curious, that it could also double as a Biology project...with an egg and swimmy things with only one attached to said egg with the "male" symbol on it!!! One of the ladies said later..."So...you can pretty much do anything, theme-wise, with a cake then?" I just smiled....I can sure try!!! :-D

0 comments: