Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's just so darn confusing sometimes...



So...yesterday, my friend Kana and I were at a trendy little cake shop that is actually really good and when I got my little bag of goodies, I couldn't help but notice the English on the bag. Now...because my English is quite good, I recognize when strange words or phrases are used., but can't always figure out what they might possibly want to say. (Last year, Issei and I both laughed at the sign that said,"We wish you a happy Christmas story." Okay....and so I can have my own story?!?!?!)

Anyway...yesterday's "contribution" to the on-going "What do you suppose they meant by that?" silly English competition is:

" A gift has no great meaning. Its only object is to express a caring heart."

And so with that, I will say....... Smiles and hugs to you all! Hope you had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So funny!- it reminds me that my boss (who spent years in Japan) told me to check out Engrish.com. I am off...

Lauren said...

So funny!- it reminds me that my boss (who spent years in Japan) told me to check out Engrish.com.

OMG I am back after checking it out- so funny you have to send them the photo of the cake box!