Friday, December 08, 2006

"Debbie"...on a keychain...


What does ones keychain say about that person?
Not something you think about very often is it...but, after seeing what some of my students have on theirs, I started thinking about how much of ourselves we hang our keys on....I find myself contemplating a variety of topics as I sit in traffic!!

So...my keychain....let's see...well first of all, I have less keys than keychains!! So, from the top....A replica of the Colorado car tag (the newer version...still prefer the older version...just the mountains, man, just the mountains)....then a Gap one with palm trees and ocean...next is my favorite..actually when I got this particular keychain over 17 years ago, I thought it was just hilarious...still do!! It says "Lenny's Keys"... "Who is Lenny?", you ask. I have no clue....but the friends who gave it to me for my birthday (Sue and "Whatta"Robb Peterson from Weslaco Texas) thought it was funny too....they couldn't find "Debbie", so figured that "Lenny" would do!!! And it has...for all these years!! There is my all-time favorite bird...the flamingo....And then, the newest keychain has a dove and says "faith"....it reminds me to have faith in myself and in a higher being, even when times are hard....someone once told me that "what you are doing right now is what you are supposed to be doing"....I guess I have to have faith that everything will all work out.

So....what's on your keychain?

Have a nice weekend....

2 comments:

Lauren said...

"lenny's key's" I forgot how funny that is. I am totally stealing that and buying someone a key chain like that.

My key chain is falling apart and only has 3 keys on it right now- very boring.

Karen MEG said...

That Lenny's keychain is a hoot! I have a huge "Karen" keychain that I got when I was about 11 years old. I kid you not, it resurfaced a few years ago and I started using it again. Hey, something new to blog about!
I am REALLY a packrat LOL!