Saturday, November 18, 2006

Guess who's coming to Nagasaki!!!!



(....and when you read this next line, please kind of sing it)....and guess who has a ticket?!?! :-D

So...the deal is...Ken Watanabe is coming to United Cinema next Thursday to promote his new movie, "Letters From Iwo Jima" (the Japanese side of the American movie "Flags of our Fathers"...both directed by Clint Eastwood). Anyway...he will be at the theater before the preview of the movie and tickets are given out lottery style. Of course, I entered to get a ticket ....but...come to find out (and what a lucky girl am I!!), one of my students, now one of my best friends, works for the TV station that is one of the sponsors...and she gave me and my good friend Hiroko two tickets!!! (Seriously...I am just smiling and typing here!!!)

I'm sure that people think I am a bit crazy...I'm getting used to that....but, I really do like Ken Watanabe (and have, on ocassion, referred to him as "my next husband"...I'm joking!!!)...I first saw him in the classic "Tanpopo"...that is really a good movie and I thought even then that he was a good actor and well....he's hot!! :-)

One of my students was a bit concerned about me going to the movie. Here was the conversation:

student: But...Debbie sensei...the movie....it's Japanese.

Debbie: But....it's Watanabe!! :-D

student: (smiling) wakatta!! ("I understand!!")

I will try my best, without being 'stalker-like', to get a picture....and if I have to do a bit of stalking...well, then, so be it!! :-D I'll just say that it is "for my mother"!!! :-D

1 comments:

Lauren said...

You better get a photo!!!