Monday, May 28, 2012

it's not saturday, but....work with me, okay? okay.

over the however many years i have escaped into devoted to the blogging world, i have taken part in quite a few weekly events or assignments...from the friday night "fill in the sentences" memes... 
to a "here are some questions--what are YOUR answers?"  kind of thing....
a few times, i tried that "here's just a photo" (but, seriously, i have a hard time saying nothing!!)....and my favorite, that i still do quite often,
 the "shoot from the hip" photos
(that my friend says i'm going to get busted doing one day and she truly  hopes she doesn't have to witness that!!)

a couple of my favorite bloggers have been doing something that looks kind of fun.
and really, let's face it.....i'd follow these two pretty much anywhere....
just make sure that we're going somewhere good, okay janet and heidi??
okay.

every saturday, sandi@thewhistlestopcafe hosts something called 
the saturday photo hunt. 
she has a theme for the week and people post pictures accordingly.
there are some great pictures over there....all done by non-professionals (though some, i'm a bit suspicious about as their shots are quite amazing!!).

my blogging mojo is needing a boost, so i thought that this might be something i'd  try for awhile.

this week's theme is (okay, okay...was) "creative".....and for my first try at this....
here we go....

creative....x 2

in march, while we were in colorado, we were waiting at my aunt and uncle's house for a friend to come and pick us up.  my aunt and uncle have a small rock garden in front of their house and the boys got tired of waiting and they left messages...
this was one of koji's...."rockman hiking'.

then...after my uncle saw it, he made it a bit more permanent by gluing the rocks onto a board...
"walking dan-o man"

i love that uncle dan-o did this.
creativity squared.

have a great week, everyone.  for those of you in the states, i hope that your
weekend was a safe one.

8 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Creative and very cool.

smalltownme said...

Totally creative...and I skipped that one. Does not say much for MY mojo!

ChiTown Girl said...

Very cool!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

VERY creative! Great hiking man :)

I like weekly challenges, especially weekly photo challenges, but they worked much better for me when I had kids in school Monday through Friday. True, 2 of them still have this schedule, but 2 have the summer off from the university and my husband is now home full-time. FULL TIME. *sigh* It's seriously cutting into my creativity time.

Janet said...

that's awesome! why haven't I thought of that! All the rocks i have rattlin' 'round!

shrink on the couch said...

Safe and LOTS of great Texas BBQ!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Ha! you change your header but no new post! Sneaky...

Tutors in USA said...

This is very nice blog because information provided here through the article and the pictures are very effective. Palm Beach Tutoring Because sometimes words cannot explain the things that pictures can and here the words and pictures both are expressing the things in balance.