Friday, February 25, 2011

~~~~~~aaaahhhhh~~~~~~

look what i noticed in our garden today...
the weeping willow-esque ume (plum) tree that is in the corner of our garden 
is blooming.
though there are only a few blossoms now, 
the promise of the sweet aroma to come is definitely
something to look forward to. 

spring is by far, my favorite time of year, i think.

*******
look...look..at what i bought at the fabric store the other day.....

flamingo fabric?   check.
sewing machine?   check.
an idea for something for that niece of mine?   oh yeah....check..
teehee.....
i'd love to tell you, but....i want this to be a secret...just in case it doesn't turn out like i'm imagining it to be...
i have classes and whatnot tomorrow so will have
to wait until sunday to do this.
wish me luck.
*what do you think i'm thinking of making? can you imagine?*

happy friday, everyone.
may you have something to look forward to this weekend!!

8 comments:

smalltownme said...

Love love LOVE the fabric. I can't wait to see what you make!

Janet said...

I'm going to look at Boston Terrier puppies with my friend Michelle!

Lee said...

I like the new look of your blog. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am picturing one of those adorable summer rompers.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Hmmm...a sundress? Love that fabric. Those blooms are lovely, too.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for months now - as a lover of all things flamingo and a 3-time visitor to Japan (vacation/pleasure), you always have subjects that make me smile. Thank-you.

Gelinas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Lea said...

I LOVE SPRING....it will be a while until it reaches us in Oregon~ I have to agree that that fabric would make a very cute Sundress.....or Beach Bag :)